- Prestigious international university
- 12 month 0.6 FTE part time opportunity
- Exciting opportunity for events coordination and marketing
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Arts is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. The Faculty is steeped in history with its roots beginning over 125 years ago. Its arts degree was the first degree offered at the University in 1876.
Today the Faculty is a place of innovative practice and thought leadership. With outstanding teachers who have won national learning and teaching awards, many graduates have gone on to become leading politicians, policy makers, historians, curators, musicians and writers. The Faculty offers an interesting workplace of diverse disciplines clustered around the arts, humanities and social sciences, and serves the needs of approximately 5000 enrolled students.
Working under general direction, the Events Coordinator coordinates and supports the effective planning, delivery and evaluation of Faculty specific and Shared Service led recruitment initiatives and engagement events. The position undertakes a range of event coordination activities and works collaboratively with the Marketing, Recruitment and Engagement team and University Shared Services to ensure optimisation of opportunities and to enhance the awareness of the Faculty of Arts.
Salary: (HEO4) $59,735-$65,704 per annum (full time salary).
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% may apply.
Term of position: This fixed-term, part-time, contract is available immediately until 21 December 2018.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Demonstrated experience coordinating, scheduling, organising and reviewing events, programs and initiatives which support the delivery of marketing and engagement plans.
- Knowledge of events management processes, roles and responsibilities, including an awareness of associated quality, HWS and Risk management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing theory and experience in the implementation of marketing activities
- Experience in communicating, both verbally and in writing, in a succinct, professional and responsive manner in delivering client centric results.
- Experience in coordinating social media content and administering social media channels in a business setting.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Jo Marshall, Marketing Officer (Digital/Communications) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Please note: This is a re-advertised position, previous applicants need not re-apply.
Closing date: 11:55pm, 28 January 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description