Job no: 497427
Work type: Continuing - Full-time
Categories: Marketing, HEO6
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Continuing events and marketing role
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Sciences is a research and education leader in fields such as agriculture, food & wine, animal & veterinary sciences, biological sciences, and physical sciences, the Faculty offers an exciting and innovative work environment. The Faculty Marketing and Recruitment team plans, develops and implements marketing and student recruitment activities to promote studying science and to facilitate the recruitment of science students to The University of Adelaide.
Working under general direction, the Events Coordinator leads the development, implementation and management of student recruitment initiatives and events to enhance the Faculty’s brand awareness and presence in Australia and internationally.
Salary: HEO6 ($75,316 to $81,548) per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Experience in developing, coordinating and reviewing large scale events with a high level of autonomy
- Experience with online events systems, direct marketing and managing customer databases
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with well-developed interpersonal skills to build key relationships and achieve required outcomes
- Experience in managing high pressure conditions and multiple projects, implementing plans to achieve defined outcomes and solving problems in an innovative and creative manner
- Proven negotiation skills and in particular demonstrated ability to effectively manage and resolve sensitive matters
- Demonstrated experience in high level written and verbal communication across diverse audiences in a professional and customer oriented manner
- A degree in marketing, events or related discipline with subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries with regards to the application process, please contact Michelle Carter, HR Officer, 8313 9271 or email@example.com. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Kym Sara, Student Recruitment Marketing Coordinator, 8313 3179 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 9am Wednesday, 27 September 2017
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend