HR Manager, Workplace Relations
Job no: 497059
Work type: Continuing - Full-time
Categories: Legal & Risk, Human Resources, HEO9, Management
• Prestigious international university
• Wide range of employee benefits
• Leadership role in the HR Branch
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
When you work for the University of Adelaide you can expect a range of benefits and work conditions, such as employee development and future career opportunities.
Human Resources partners with the University to enable and support a culture of high engagement, commitment and performance. The branch provides recruitment, superannuation and promotions support and advice to the University community and manages payroll, staff records, and workforce planning. Human Resources also encompasses the Health, Safety and Wellbeing unit, with responsibility for occupational health and safety programs and training.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced HR professional to join the University in a key role leading a small and highly capable team. HR generalists with a genuine interest in further developing their workplace relations experience are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Associate Director, HR Advisory, this influential leadership role is responsible for developing and implementing a range of strategic workplace relations and HR initiatives across the University. Responsibilities will focus on advising business leaders to support positive workplace and industrial relations, performance management and development outcomes.
Key responsibilities include:
- providing team focused leadership, direction, development and support to the workplace relations team
- providing subject matter expertise to University Executive Leaders, Senior Managers and colleagues by providing sound and timely advice on the interpretation of employment legislation, workplace agreements, policy and employment contracts
- overseeing case management and providing sound advice on performance and disciplinary processes
- identifying current and emerging issues and developing HR/IR solutions and policy to support university initiatives
- leading the implementation of projects such as Enterprise Bargaining that facilitate achievement of University strategies
- establishing strong and effective networks internally and externally to support and enable the strategic initiatives of the HR branch.
The successful candidate will be a pragmatic senior HR practitioner with experience across strategic and operational aspects of HR development and delivery in a complex multidisciplinary environment. You will have proven experience as an engaging and motivating team leader, able to support, coach and develop staff. The ideal candidate will be an outcomes focused HR professional with sound knowledge of workplace and industrial relations legislation and proven problem solving and decision making skills.
Don’t miss this rare leadership opportunity for an HR professional to truly influence workplace and organisational outcomes during an exciting time for this leading University.
Applications in Word format only should be forwarded without delay to Bernie Dyer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Bernie or Gill Manser on (08) 8100 8849.
Please do not submit an online application for this role.
Closing date: 31 July 2017
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend