Strategic Partnerships Manager
Job no: 497020
Work type: Continuing - Full-time
Categories: Technical, Laboratory and Research Support, Project Management and Project Support, Marketing, External Relations, HEO7
• Prestigious international university
• Wide range of employee benefits
• Continuing role in research business development
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. As the first university in Australia to grant degrees in science (1882), science has long been at the cornerstone of the institution and this continues today. As a research and education leader in fields such as agriculture, food & wine, animal & veterinary sciences, biological sciences, and physical sciences, the Faculty offers an exciting and innovative work environment.
The Strategic Partnerships Manager is a member of the Faculty Business Development team that strategically nurtures and grows research scale, capacity, excellence and impact across the Faculty of Sciences.
Working under limited direction and a degree of autonomy, the incumbent in the position is responsible for opportunity prospecting & capability matching, engaging, recruiting & converting stakeholders for new research partnerships, new business development, supporting the establishment of agreements & delivery arrangements and partnership relationship management support.
Salary: (HEO7) $83,105 to $93,231 per annum
Superannuation: An employer contribution 17% may apply
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in business development and lead generation
- Demonstrated high level communication skills, including the negotiation of agreements, MoUs and similar
- Demonstrated understanding of the higher education environment and its inter-connectedness with business, industry and government
- Demonstrated ability to prepare proposals and deliver pitches with the objective of securing funding
- Demonstrated commitment to a customer service culture.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in relationship management
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project management and research
- A tertiary qualification with at least four years subsequent relevant experience or; an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Mr Jim Deed, Research Development Manager, telephone: 8313 4697 or email: email@example.com.
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 9am Monday, 31 July 2017
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend