- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Exciting strategic role for an experienced IT Leader
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
When you work for the University of Adelaide you can expect a range of benefits and work conditions, such as employee development and future career opportunities.
The Technology Services Branch (TS) is a part of the University's Division of University Operations, providing services and support to the University of Adelaide community of over 25,000 students and 3500 staff members. The branch has six major teams including; Technology Operations, Technology Strategy Planning and Governance, Business Systems, Learning & Teaching Technology, Research Technology and Student Services Technology.
The IT Strategy, Planning and Governance unit is responsible for areas of IT Strategy and Planning, Enterprise Architecture, IT Compliance, Risk and Security and IT Training and Continuous Improvement. They deliver high quality, value for money support structure solutions for the University
This role is responsible for developing and managing the Technology Strategic Plan, TS Branch Plan, TS Security, Governance Compliance and Risk, TS Training and Continuous Improvement Teams.
Salary: an attractive remuneration package is available to the successful candidate.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of up to 17% applies.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available for a 5 year period.
To be successful you should have:
- Extensive experience and proven track record in the development and ongoing management of IT Strategic Plans and IT Business Plans.
- Extensive experience in oversight of 5 years plans and performance of same in measuring ROI, Budgets and Executive reporting to Governance Boards, Executive and Executive Boards.
- Business planning and governance services within large and complex technology environments including IT Architecture, Risk and Security, Business Improvement, Change Management and Training.
- Breadth and depth of knowledge of current trends and best practises, support processes and project delivery methodologies.
- Extensive experience and a proven track record in Portfolio management to drive Business and IT alignment.
- Breadth and in depth understanding of enterprise applications and systems experience.
- Extensive experience working at the executive level within a large and complex public or private organisations.
- Proven leadership skills and experience working as part of a high performing team.
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Samantha Narcis, Senior HR Officer, Divisions by email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 12noon, 18 May 2017
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description