Job no: 496500
Work type: Casual
Categories: Marketing, HEO4, HEO5, HEO6
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
The University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. As the first university in Australia to grant degrees in science (1882), science has long been at the cornerstone of the institution and this continues today. As a research and education leader in fields such as agriculture, food & wine, animal & veterinary sciences, biological sciences, and physical sciences, the Faculty offers an exciting and innovative work environment.
The Content Coordinator will contribute to the Faculty's Marketing and Recruitment team who are responsible for domestic and international student recruitment marketing activities and promotion of the Faculty teaching and research capabilities. You will be a valued contributor to the Faculty's dynamic marketing team and will be able to participate in other exciting marketing and student recruitment initiatives.
The purpose of the position is to reinvigorate prospective student written content for the Faculty of Sciences. You will:
- Undertake market research on appropriate tone of voice and content style used by competitors.
- Identify and draft unique key selling points for Faculty courses.
- Review existing content for Science courses on the Degree Finder website and redraft in a more engaging manner.
- Draft and review content for publications coordinated by the University of Adelaide's central Marketing and Communications Office.
- Draft email marketing campaigns for prospective students and influencers.
- Other duties as required.
Salary: (HEO4 to HEO6) $39.07 to $53.34 per hour depending on experience
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies
Term of position: This casual is available immediately for twelve weeks at approximately 36 hours per week.
To be successful you should have:
- Flair for writing engaging copy for a range of target audiences.
- High level proofing and editing skills and experience creating content for publications and an online environment.
- Experience conducting competitor analysis/audits/market research reports.
- Experience in using CMS, CRM and/or related systems.
- Well-developed computer skills in Microsoft Office and strong project management skills.
- Experience with Adobe Indesign would be highly regarded.
Please submit a cover letter, your resume and an example of your copywriting as part of your application (there is no requirement to address any selection criteria).
In addition, please rewrite the first paragraph on the following webpage: http://www.adelaide.edu.au/degree-finder/bsc_bsci.html as part of your application.
If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Sally Jones, Marketing and Recruitment Manager, telephone: 61 8 8313 3368 or email: email@example.com.
Closing date: 30 April 2017
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend