- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Continuing opportunity
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favorable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
This exciting role is located within the University's Service Delivery Portfolio within the Infrastructure Branch.
Service Delivery is responsible for the provision of facilities management and support services across the University’s property portfolio to support the University’s core learning, teaching and research activities. In this context the portfolio ensures the management of mechanical, plumbing, hydraulic, electrical, vertical transport, water treatment, fume cupboards, mail, pest control, building, security, grounds, transport, fire and emergency management services, cleaning, caretaking, waste management, and car parking for staff and students. Service Delivery also leads, directs and oversees the management of bookable spaces, performance venue management and liquor licensing and horticultural services including the maintenance of all University parks, grounds and sports fields and North Terrace, Roseworthy, Waite and the National Wine Centre.
Under limited direction the Facilities Manager - Roseworthy is responsible for the efficient and effective coordination, management and delivery of integrated Facility Management functions to the Roseworthy campus site.
The position also provides a strong support to the Service Delivery’s centralised Service Delivery Model ensuring seamless works and services are facilitated on site. The Facilities Manager – Roseworthy also works closely with other Infrastructure staff providing expert operational advice associated with Campus assets, infrastructure and environs.
Salary: Full-time (HEO7) $93,231 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% applies.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Proven experience in facilities management within a tertiary education environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in a large scale facilities management environment
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of financial management and/or business administration
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams
- High level knowledge of building maintenance processes and service delivery
- Sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations and processes
- Solid computer and systems knowledge
- Relevant tertiary qualification in a facilities management related field and/or other equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or training
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description (no more than three pages) within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, contact Chris Harrison, Associate Director – Service Delivery, telephone: 8313 0452 or email: email@example.com
Closing date: 1 June 2017
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description