Job no: 496249
Work type: Continuing - Full-time
Categories: Administration, Finance and Accounting, HEO8, Management
- Exciting opportunity to manage SATAC's financial and accounting activities as well as facilities, risk management and occupational health, safety and wellbeing
The South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre (SATAC) is owned by the three South Australian Universities (University of Adelaide, Flinders University and University of SA), TAFE SA and Charles Darwin University in the Northern Territory. It manages the admissions processes on behalf of the owners and on a fee-for-service basis for other institutions.
Working under broad direction, the Business Manager is responsible for:
- the general management of SATAC's financial and accounting activities, working with SATAC's accountants as required
- fees and banking administration
- SATAC's facilities and accommodation
The Business Manager is a key participant in SATAC's Finance Committee, and works with the CEO and Manager, Strategy and Policy to establish and manage SATAC's annual Budget. In addition, the Business Manager is the key participant in SATAC's risk management and occupational health, safety and wellbeing activities.
Salary: (HEO8) $93,493 - $105,179 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
To be successful you should have:
- Demonstrated experience in accounting and related financial practices and in preparing accurate, relevant forecasts, financial analysis and timely reports to support decision making
- Experience in facilities management, overseeing and managing risk or WHS would be highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and judgement in the management of a range of administrative functions, and a proven ability to establish priorities and complete multiple tasks within time constraints
- Proven experience in building and managing effective relationships with professional service firms and the management of contracts
- Highly developed people management skills and the proven ability to lead and manage change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of computer literacy across a range of software applications, including Excel to an advanced level, complex spreadsheets and reports and familiarity with databases
Please address and upload your responses to the 'Knowledge and Experience' section of the position description within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, contact Larissa Miles, Executive Assistant, telephone: 8224 4010 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note if the position description link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 9.30am Monday 1st May 2017
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend