Rural Clinical Dental Educators
Job no: 495152
Work type: Fixed term - Part-time
Location: Regional South Australia
Categories: Faculty of Health Sciences, Level B, Level C
- Prestigious international university
- Rural clinics in Berri, Whyalla, Port Lincoln and Mt Gambier
- Attractive remuneration and employee benefits
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. Comprised of five schools and a number of disciplines, research centres and institutes, the faculty is focused on education excellence and innovative research in the health sciences.
The Adelaide Dental School is one of five schools in the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences. It is one of the oldest and most distinguished dental schools in the Australian university sector and provides a range of accredited and clinically focused programs in dentistry and oral health. The school offers a supportive and collegial environment and staff aim to have an internationally recognised impact on oral health education, research and service.
We are seeking enthusiastic, vibrant and dedicated general dentists to join us as Clinical Dental Educators in our rural locations, overseeing clinical sessions and teaching our undergraduate students in the Bachelor of Dental Surgery. Offering the ability to complement your clinical experience, we have continuing, fixed-term and casual opportunities in our rural clinics in Berri, Whyalla, Port Lincoln and Mt Gambier. The involvement of external suitably qualified Clinical Dental Educators is a vital part in the successful delivery of the Dental programs.
Relocation and attractive remuneration and benefits are available for the right candidates.
To be successful, you should:
- Have a current full Dental Board of Australia registration, current professional indemnity insurance and be willing to undertake health and security screening as required
- Have training and clinical experience in Dentistry
- Be enthusiastic, dedicated and willing to contribute to the education process
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and maintain relationships with external partners
- Provide objective and consistent feedback (written and verbal) of students' performance during sessions and providing final end of semester assessment
- Be up to date with current dental theory and practice
Engagement as a Rural Clinical Dental Educator will be based upon successful Department for Communities and Social Inclusion clearance and credentialing with the SA Dental Service.
To apply for these positions, please submit your recent CV along with a covering letter outlining your education, experience, reason for applying, and the clinic you are applying to.
If you have any queries, please contact the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences Human Resources on 8313 8171 or email@example.com
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend